The Detroit Lions signed All-Pro linebacker Jack Campbell to a four-year contract extension on Thursday, May 21, 2026, securing the defensive centerpiece through the 2030 season.
The agreement was first reported by Sweta Patel and Ian Rapoport, and later confirmed by the team, following Detroit's decision earlier this month to decline the fifth-year option on his rookie contract due to its high cost.
>>> Cincinnati Reds Trade Rece Hinds to Marlins for Zach McCambley
The 26-year-old linebacker has played in all 51 eligible career games with 46 starts since being selected as the No. 18 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft out of the University of Iowa.
Last season, Campbell earned AP first-team All-Pro honors after recording 176 total tackles, 5.0 sacks, three forced fumbles, and two fumble recoveries while playing nearly every defensive snap.
Over his three-year career, the middle linebacker has accumulated 402 total tackles, 8.5 sacks, 19 tackles for loss, 10 passes defended, and four forced fumbles.
Campbell communicated his enthusiasm regarding the long-term agreement directly via a video posted on social media.
"I signed my extension, I'm excited to be back, I'm excited to be here long-term," said Jack Campbell, Linebacker.
The linebacker immediately shifted focus to the team's ultimate objective for upcoming seasons.
"Now it's time to go win a Super Bowl," said Jack Campbell, Linebacker.
The extension follows a trend of Detroit securing its core draft picks under general manager Brad Holmes, who has also extended Penei Sewell, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Alim McNeill, Aidan Hutchinson, Kerby Joseph, and Jameson Williams.
