French tennis player Lois Boisson announced she is fully fit ahead of her first-round match at Roland-Garros, returning after a seven-month injury layoff.
The world No. 50 will face Russia's Anna Kalinskaya on the Paris clay.
>>> Black College Athletes Urged to Leverage Power Amid Rights Attacks
Boisson, 23, reached the semifinals last year as the world No. 361. She has since struggled with injuries to her left leg and right forearm.
To prepare for her comeback, she reunited with former coach Florian Reynet to rebuild her foundation.
During a press conference on Friday, May 22, 2026, Boisson reflected on her unexpected deep run last year.
"Last year deep down I knew I was capable, that it could potentially be possible," said the current French No. 1.
She also addressed the psychological toll of her long recovery.
"This injury was different from the ones I've had.
I didn't know, there was no precise timeline, that's what was quite hard mentally, being in the unknown every day, every week, every month," she said.
Boisson acknowledged that Kalinskaya, ranked No. 22, holds the advantage on paper but noted the Russian is not a clay-court specialist.
>>> Ginebra Ties Semifinals with 109-101 Win Over Rain or Shine
"Rankings don't always mean much," Boisson said.
She emphasized her mindset remains unchanged despite the long absence.
"This year the conditions are different.
But I remain in the same state of mind, everything is possible, I can go all the way or lose in the first round," she said.
Boisson reassured fans about her physical condition after recent matches in Strasbourg.
"Physically I'm fine, for a short time I'm finally at 100%, I'm very happy about that, to arrive here in these conditions," she said.
Her competitive season began on April 21 with consecutive losses in Madrid, Rome, and Parma.
>>> Citroen 2CV Revival: $17,000 Electric City Car Confirmed for 2028
She secured her first victory against Wang Xiyu in Strasbourg before falling to world No. 9 Victoria Mboko.