Middlesbrough supporters scrambled to purchase the club's 35,984 allocated tickets online, while regional transport operators sought additional travel options.
"What an opportunity. Now the Boro have got to seize it with both hands," McDonald added.
Former players emphasized the need for mental sharpness to capitalize on the unforeseen circumstances.
"It's a great opportunity," said former Middlesbrough captain Julio Arca.
>>> Rajat Patidar Becomes Fastest Indian Batter to Reach 100 IPL Sixes
Supporters expressed mixed emotions, acknowledging logistical challenges but agreeing that the severe penalty was justified given the infractions.
"Opportunities often come when you don't expect it and you have to take advantage of them," Arca said.
Some football figures expressed surprise at the punishment's severity, expecting a heavy fine instead.
"I didn't see that coming - I thought they would get a heavy fine," said former Southampton boss Harry Redknapp.
Boro fans traveling from abroad were shocked that their postseason hopes had been revived overnight.
"It's a dream, I'm in shock," said supporter Tony Clish.
Fans acknowledged the unfortunate situation for opposing spectators but maintained that regulatory compliance must be enforced firmly.
"For once in our lives, it's gone our way," Clish said.
Supporter organizations noted that hotel vacancies in London vanished almost instantly, forcing many ticket holders to seek alternative accommodations.
"You do the crime, you've got to take the punishment," Clish added.
The sudden fixture change disrupted household schedules, forcing many families to cancel long-standing weekend arrangements.
"It's an expensive lesson and hopefully the clubs will learn it," Clish said.
Local leadership reiterated that the sporting world would be watching the high-stakes match, a massive financial catalyst for the winner.
>>> Ulster Faces Montpellier in Crucial Challenge Cup Final in Bilbao
"I'll crawl over broken glass to get there on Saturday. This is our moment," McDonald said.